Friday 9 October 2009

Mònica's favourite place in Barcelona



My favourite place in Barcelona is the seafront promenade that goes from the Forum to the Barceloneta. It is a cycling or walking lane of about 7 or 8 Km which links the most modern district in Barcelona, the one of the expensive skyscrapers, to the traditional area of la Barceloneta with its old taverns, tapas bars and seafood restaurants.

I love going there for a ride by bike either on sunny winter mornings or summer evenings. Being by the sea, listening to the sound of the waves and feeling the sea breeze is a relaxing experience that helps me to recover my energies whenever I feel tired or overworked. I also like the people who gather there. From the elderly who enjoy the peacefulness of their retirement to the young skaters who practise by the beach, you can see the promenade is a place for everyone who needs to be in the open air, enjoying the warmth of the sunlight.


4 comments:

Özlem Baloğlu Efe said...

Hi,Monica
I know Barcelona is one of the most beautıful cities in the world.
I'm sure Tansel will prepare a profile dealing with Hereke carpets..
Thank you very much..

Pilar Pérez said...

As usual, I'm sure we will enjoy your pictures very much. It's a pity that nobody has invented a camera that can also capture the smells and sounds yet. Then your photos would be absolutely perfect.

Marcin Szmyt said...

Having read the description of your favourite place in Barcelona, Monica I really want to be there again. Who knows, maybe one day.

Mònica Villanueva Benet said...

Marcin,
I hope to see you in BCN soon. You know you'll be always welcome