Friday 2 October 2009

Mònica's profile



Hi Bloggers!!


My name is Mònica and I’m a teacher of English at the secondary school IES Sant Andreu in Barcelona. It’s my fifth year teaching at this school. I also teach an optional subject called “European Exchanges”. This is why we have created this blog in order to make friends beyond the walls of the classroom.

I live with my partner in the centre of Barcelona. At the moment, I live in an area called Gràcia. However, I’m about to move to the “Eixample”. There, buildings are more than a hundred years old and the street blocks are totally square. It is a very emblematic area of the city which was designed by Ildefons Cerdà, a famous urbanist in the 19th Century.

I’m rather shy, I don’t like speaking in public –though I’m a teacher-, I like both being alone or with people depending on the circumstances and my students would tell you I’m quite demanding at school.

I’ve got quite a lot of hobbies, among them reading, going to the cinema, meeting my friends, surfing the Internet etc but, most of all I enjoy travelling and photography. This is why I’m quite addicted to Flickr where I upload and share pictures with a group of friends.

In the mosaic, you’ll find a few of my pictures. All of them are important to me: a picture of the Mediterranean sea, nice landscapes I've seen, people I’ve met when travelling, my favourite portraits, my books, my partner and also my  favourite sights in BCN: Passeig de Gràcia, the Park Güell by Gaudí and the Agbar Tower by Jean Nouvel.


Hope you come and visit us one day. Meanwhile, I hope to get to know you through our common blog. SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

Sara Ortiz said...

I like your profile very much, the pictures of India are very beautifuls.

Coral said...

Very nice pictures of India
I like very much:)

Marcin Szmyt said...

Monica, the pictures are great!!! I saw more of them on your webpage. Really impressive.

I am really glad we are going to cooperate on this blog soon.

Özlem Baloğlu Efe said...

Hi,Monica
Your photographs are great.
I liked this blog work so much.
Hope to see you soon..

Aida Planas said...

monica, i like your profile (:
is very nice!

Ainoita said...

Monicaa (:
nice profile, I like very much the
pictures, but I want that you show me all the photos! :D
I see you tomorrow in the class!