Tuesday 18 May 2010

Poetry in our school

In our school we celebrate Saint George’s day, which has been explained in a post down here.
The students prepare differents projects for this day, such as a Literary poetry contest in Catalan, English, Spanish or French, a phylosophy essay competition, a photography competition etc.
The teachers in our school act as judges and see the images and read the texts and then choose the best to be the winners.
These are the three English poems that won.
TIME
You cannot stop it
Or make it back
As time goes by,
It will not last
If you have work
Then make it fast
‘Coz it won’t wait
For someone late
Time is pure gold
But making you old
Don’t waste your time
To enjoy your life.
Razel Beloso (15 years old)
MY SUNLIGHT
I just can’t live without you
Because you are my sunlight
And I know I never told you,
But, thanks to you, I’m not afraid of the light.
Before, everything was dark
But, one day you came with the light
Before, I was like a lone shark
Until you brought the life light.
I never confess these feelings
But I won`t be weak this time
Within me, keep my true feelings
And try one more time.
I just can’t live without you
because you are my sunlight
And I’ll never be tired to say to you,
I love you my dear light.
Irene Negre (15 years old)
OUR RELATION
I love my boyfriend
We meet every weekend
I like the afternoons with him
But prefer him going to the gym
I only think about his eyes
He has a great sight
I like his mouth too
Above all when it's got plenty of food
His kisses are the best
Yesterday I did a test
that told that our relation is incest
He is my brother,
The police can arrest!
Ainoa Sánchez (14 years old)

1 comment:

Mònica Villanueva Benet said...

I think you've done a very good job with the rhymes and, Ainoa, the ending of your poem is the best. Very shocking and unexpected. You've done an excellent parody of love poetry.
Congrats!!!