Tuesday 25 May 2010

It is more than racism

I’m going to write about one of the most important, negative things in a society: racism. Many people think that moving to another country is very easy, but they don’t know how difficult it can be. They don’t know that it means leaving your country of origin, your family, your friends, your boyfriend/ girlfriend, your city or your costumes. They don’t know the pain of the nostalgia. But I have to say that not everybody thinks the same way, some people are very empathic and understanding. They don’t make differences among people: It doesn’t matter whether I’m from Africa or I’m from a South- American country.

Unfortunately, many people have other wrong or stereotyped ideas or thoughts such as the majority of South-American people are part of gangs, the foreigners can’t have the same rights as the Spanish citizens, the immigrants can’t have an education or health security, foreigners have to earn lower salaries in compararison to a Spanish person, etc. I think that these thoughts are the result of pure ignorance, because immigrants don’t want to leave their coutries, their celebrations, their language, their essence…; they have to do it out of necessity. I know that these people want to find a better future, better oportunities, a better education or professional training, they hope to archieve it. But I don’t understand why some people have to reject them.

Each person in the world is different and this is fantastic, because we can learn from eachother. We must have unique and indvidual ideas, because we aren’t living in a dictatorship. We are free!

I just have one wish, one dream: I hope that, some day, all the people in the world can look at each others faces and smile… smile with sincerity, respect and affection. I know that it is difficult, because we’re completely different, but we must listen to the person that we have inside, because everybody is important and valuable in their own way and you have to know that

We’re part of this society.

2 comments:

Sara Ortiz said...

I like this post very much.
I think that many people talks about the racism and all the people are the same. the skin isn't important.

Milena said...

In Poland we also have the problem of rasism and many people wouldn't understand your point of view, but luckily there are also these who would totaly agree.